Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Hello Windy City!
As you may or may not know, Chicago is one of our favorite places to go. Jeremy and I vacationed there a couple years ago, right before Cooper was born. We knew after going then that we would want to take Cooper back someday. This Labor Day weekend was our chance. As many of you know, Cooper is REALLY into modes of transportation these days, especially buses and airplanes, so Chicago was just the place for him. We managed to ride 3 airplanes, 4 trains, and 2 buses all in one weekend. And J and C even managed to drag my butt to the zoo (and I have to admit, I even had a good time there! Lincoln Park (a quaint little community just NE of town) is an amazing area of town, and the Zoo there (free!) is fantastic (for a zoo, of course). I've posted some pics from the trip, mostly of Cooper on all the various modes of transportation. And Ash, the Dirty Dancing bus is a tribute to you! (J took that photo while we ate dinner on the terrace at Weber Grill Saturday night.) As you may have seen on Jeremy's blog, the stroller, our primary mode of transportation around town, of course, got a flat on Saturday. So, while I perused H&M, Jeremy and Coop hit the streets asking around about nearby bike shops. After a fairly lengthy walk to the bike shop, we were able to get the stroller back in working order and even bought two spare tubes just in case of future mishaps. All in all, we had a fantastic time, and I know we will go back someday!








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like big fun. Josh and I have always wanted to go. ummm...I didn't know Strollers could get flat tires! Sheesh!
Looks like you all had a great time!!!! I always love seeing your pictures!
You're so brave to take a little one with you for the weekend! I don't know if we'll ever go on vacation again...
We love Chicago as well! Too bad we couldn't have met up! Perhaps another visit...we'll be here till June 2010!
Post a Comment