I know, I ripped this out of Jeremy's blog, but it is a very powerful message. Like Stephen Mansfield, the author of the newly released book, The Faith of Barack Obama, I have no intention of voting for Barack Obama. That said, Mansfield's commentary is right on. (For what it's worth, and as evidence that he truly is not a biased Obama-backer, Mansfield also wrote The Faith of George W. Bush.) As Christians, regardless of our political views, perhaps we can embrace whatever common ground we may find.
2 comments:
That's really a good reminder Allison. It is easy to get caught up in the hype and emotion of eletions and issues and to lose sight of our foremost call as those who follow Christ: love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.
THANK YOU for posting this. I also have zero intentions of voting for Obama, but I get so tired of hearing that he's a muslim and all this other crap that is really just spewing hatred.
Post a Comment