Well, I had to ("got to," more appropriately) travel to New York City for an expert deposition in my TASER case. I had never been there before, so this was quite an opportunity for me. We did a lot in a small amount of time, which is tough in Manhattan, which is a much larger island than I ever realized. We stayed in Midtown, near the deposition site, so we were within walking distance of many places such as Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, FAO Schwartz toy store, and the Empire State Building. I've posted a few pics below of some of those sites. I also tried to take a picture of St. Patrick's Cathedral (which was incredible), but I ended up taking video without realizing it, so I'm chalking that up as a moment lost in time.
Before my depo, I got up and decided to take a run in Central Park. Not realizing how far away Central Park was (our hotel was at 34th Street and the south entrance of Central Park was around 59th Street), I started running northward in the direction of the park. After arriving, I ended up only being able to run about 10 minutes inside the park because I had to save time for the jog back, and I still had to get to my depo by 9 a.m. It was a fun jog, though, and I have a feeling it was the farthest I've run at one time in my life. (Interestingly, there were so many people running and biking inside the park, it had the feel of an organized race like a 5K.)
Thursday, after the depo, we took the subway down to the Financial District to see the NYSE and World Trade Center site. The Trade Center site is under construction, but it was still very nostalgic to be in that place. Keli (my partner at work) and I spent a lot of time talking about what we were doing when the planes hit and how that moment in history affected us and those we know. Then, Thursday night was the best. We went to see Wicked on Broadway. It was a phenomenal show, and I recommend it to anyone who travels to Chicago or NYC (where the main shows are playing), or even if the nationwide tour comes to a city near you. I'm sad it isn't coming to Nashville, because I would love to take Jeremy. If you like the Wizard of Oz, you will LOVE Wicked.
In short, I thought NYC was great. Strangely, I felt like it wasn't as "big" as I was expecting. The sites were really spread out, but I wasn't nearly as overwhelmed as I was expecting to be. It was just a cool place to see, and I'm glad I got the chance to go.

3 comments:
Glad you had fun! I would love to go back again!
Wow, what a trip to get to take!! Glad you had a great time!
I totally wish my dad still lived there. :(
Post a Comment