I am burdened by some difficult, yet varied, circumstances that a couple of my good friends face lately. I hope that the words I read during my scripture time tonight can be as encouraging to them as they were to me. The first verse actually takes me back to a Bible study I attended in Knoxville. It was "bring your favorite verse" night at Bible study, and one of my now dear friends tendered this verse to the group as one of her favorite verses. I know that she will find joy in the fact that it has stuck with me over the years and that I identify it so closely with her. I only hope that it brings her encouragement during this time in her life. The second scripture is just one I came across tonight, and I hope that it is equally encouraging.
Habakkuk 3:19
The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer's feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.
II Corinthians 4:16-17
Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.
1 comment:
Thanks for the encourageing words Allison. It is always nice to be reminded that God takes care of us, life can be really distracting from that fact all too often.
Post a Comment