For example, Friday, he informed us that someone had bitten him at school. He said, "No No Emma. No biting." It took some prying from me ("Cooper, did Emma bite somebody at school today . . . did Emma bite you?") and some responses from Coop ("Emma bite you. No Emma, no bite you.") to realize that he was trying to tell me that Emma bit him at school. At first, I didn't really think that was true because Emma (as far as we thought) wasn't a biter. Then, sure enough, I looked down and he had a bite mark on his right leg. When Jeremy bathed him later that night, he found another bite mark on his back. That's right Emma, "No No. NO biting!"
Today, on the way home, we counted. Yes, I think it's awesome too that Cooper can count (well, sort of count). The conversation went something like this:
J: Hey Cooper, Count for us.
C: One, Two, Free, Fibe, Sick, Seben, Nine
(not too shabby)
A: Coop, let's start again. One
C: Two
A: Three
C: Fibe
A: No Coop, Four
C: Fibe, Sick, Seben
A: Four
C: Four
A: Five
C: Sick, Seben, Nine
A: Seven, EIGHT
C: Nine
A: Seven, Eight
C: Seben, Ate
A: Seven, Eight (repetition is key)
C: Seben, Ate
A: Good Cooper, Five, Six...
C: Seben, Nine
A: (reminding myself that he is just 21 months old and moving on . . . ) Good job Cooper!
4 comments:
woohoo - a future math genius!
It must be all that accounting blood in his genes . . .
We love Cooper!
This is so adorable. I can't wait to have these conversations with our little guy. What a fun thing to look forward to!
That is so cute Allison!!!!! I just love hearing them learn new words!!!!!!!
I LOVE the new family pic of you all at the beach! Beautiful! I hope you have that one framed!!!
Post a Comment