Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yes, I'm talking about poop!

Last night, Cooper was standing by the front door and he looked at me with a squinty face and said "poo-poo?" I said, "Okay, let's go poo-poo in the potty." So, we ran him to the bathroom, took his diaper off, and sat him on his potty. Keep in mind that, at this point in time, Cooper has never gone potty in the potty, and in fact, has only told me after the fact that he went in his diaper. He has never told me beforehand what he was about to do like he did last night. So, we sit him on his potty. After blabbering and looking down into the potty several times, and with a little coaching from Mommy and Papa, he suddenly made the face that many of you have seen him make wherein he holds his hand up over his mouth, almost like in surprise. (He often does that hand gesture while also saying, "Oh-no!") This time, he didn't say "Oh-no!" but he made the face and we didn't know why until he stood up -- THERE WAS POO-POO IN THE POTTY!! That's right, I'm blogging because my little boy went #2 in the potty! I hope you all are as excited as I am.

4 comments:

Shannon Hairr said...

WOW, that is awesome!! I remember Caitlin's first time and jumping with her around the house, we were so excited!!

Leah said...

How exciting is that!!!!

Unknown said...

YEAH!! That is exciting. We are potty training and it is a joy. Hannah has actually done well. Good luck! It is much better in the potty than in the diaper.

MamaToTyAndTodd said...

woohoo!!! That's a big deal....I would have loved to see the celebration dances there!