Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Now That's a Fat Lip
We were going to dinner tonight with our friends Nick and Kristin before they leave for their mission trip to Guatemala. Coop and Jeremy were holding hands walking through the parking lot at the catfish restaurant when suddenly Coop stumbled and his hand slipped out of Jeremy's. I was in front of them so I didn't see what happened, but apparently Coop bit the dust pretty hard. He let out one of those blood curling screams, you know the ones that let you know they are hurt really bad. I don't remember the last time Cooper screamed like that. I turned around and ran to them, only to find Cooper bleeding from the mouth. Then, just as I focused in on his face, blood started running out of his nose. I freaked and ran inside the restaurant to request a bag of ice. By the time I got outside with the ice, his nose wasn't bleeding anymore, but his lip was instantaneously humongous!! Coop won't let you hold ice on his bumps and bruises (and I can't really blame him because it hurts!). So, Jeremy ran to the convenient store next door to get Cooper a popsicle. I'm sure the parents in the restaurant thought I was one of those obnoxious moms who lets her kid eat dessert for supper. Oh well, Cooper deserved that popsicle and he sure paid a big price for it. Of course, by the time we got home for a picture, he had forgotten all about it. Won't be his last fat lip I'm sure.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor Baby! That is a scary moment until you can figure out how bad the injury is. We had one at a restaurant last night. Fun times! :)
Miss you guys!
Give Coop a kiss for us!
Post a Comment