But today I caved. Though many of you may not be aware, I dislike dinosaurs. I dislike dinosaurs almost as much as I dislike Elmo. And for as long as I can remember, I have always said, "My little boys will never wear dinosaur pajamas." [Actually, I recall having said at some point, "My kid won't LIKE dinosaurs," but I am open-minded enough to realize that I can't dictate my child's likes and dislikes. But I can control what he wears, at least for now.]
I don't know what happened. I don't know why when I was at Target last week, I decided that dinosaur pjs would look cute on my little Cooper despite my lifelong strong feelings to the contrary. I guess at least for some things, you really don't know what you'll do until you actually become a mom yourself. Just like I always said he would, my sweet little boy sleeps in his own bed every night like a big boy. But tonight, he's doing it in his ADORABLE dinosaur pjs.
4 comments:
He's too cute!! I never liked pink or girly things growing up and then I had a baby girl!! Pink everything now!!
A few things I promised "my child" wouldn't have: anything Barney, anything Elmo, anything Dora. Three strikes for Ashley. Caroline has at least some toy, movie, or trinket featuring each of these characters. At least I've kept my promise that she won't wear clothing featuring these characters (okay, she won't wear them in public ).
I hate dinosaurs, too. Sarah Frances LOVES them ever since we went to the museum and saw them. We now have 2 dinosaur books, and as I'm reading your blog, I'm browsing Amazon looking for more dinosaur books:) I wanted to buy her those exact pj's at Target, but I didn't - only because she has so many pj's already and with 3girls, I have to be careful:)
I'm glad someone else has a strong dislike for Elmo too! Dinosaurs don't bother me, but that squeeky little red puppet annoys the heck out of me!
Post a Comment