Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Love and Loss

I received sad news tonight that some very good friends of ours lost their unborn baby. My heart aches for them, and I wish that I had words to comfort them. I feel a burden to breach this subject because of the troubling number of friends I have that have experienced this terrible loss. In the last year-and-a-half, we have had 3 different friends/couples experience first trimester miscarriages, 1 couple experience the stillbirth of their son, and 1 couple lose their son in a car accident when he was only 9 months old. I certainly can't begin to understand why these things happen, and no one can. I also cannot empathize not having experienced such a loss. However, as a mother with unconditional love for her son, I can (even if only in a small way) understand that the pain that such a loss yields must be seemingly unbearable. For those of you who have experienced this loss, know that I think of you, that I recognize your loss, and that I respect you for how you continue to push the plow. More importantly, know that I pray for your healing and for God's grace and peace to cover you as you journey on.

No comments: