Thursday, November 8, 2007

It's Not Even Thanksgiving People!

Tonight, we had dinner with our good friends Jeff and Amy and Libby at a great little hole in the wall Thai place on McCall Street (right off Nolensville Rd kind of close to the zoo). It was really good, and you should all check it out some time. That said, as we pulled into our subdivision after dinner, we saw the most absurd thing you can imagine....CHRISTMAS LIGHTS! Maybe it's because I love Thanksgiving so much, maybe it's because my son's birthday is in November...regardless of the reason, I get so irritated with people who rush into the Christmas season. Thanksgiving totally gets the shaft! You know what really gets me going, though....those big hideous blow-up things that people put in their yards during the holidays. The blow-up nativity scene with the freakish looking Joseph is my all-time favorite. The snow globe is always a nice selection as well. I know we do things for our children that we would not under normal circumstances do, but if Cooper starts asking for oversized inflatable Christmas decorations, I'm sorry little buddy, but the answer will have to be "No."

6 comments:

Alison B. said...

last year as a total joke we bought about 3 of those things on clearance and put them in my dad's yard and called my little sister and told her to see her surprise! of course she was thrilled, because kids love decorations. but you should have seen my dad's face! priceless.

Marissa said...

I can't stand those blow up things either. They are so tacky and annoying. Happy Thanksgiving to you!!! :)

Leah said...

MC wants some of those so bad. There's a huge house on our way to Church that has about 10 (Chad says 20) huge blowup inflatable Halloween characters. She LOVES driving by that house.

Leah said...

It is 20. I'm getting one just to p**s you off Bussell.

Shannon Hairr said...

I hate those things!! I laugh an evil laugh everytime I see one deflated on the ground.

Ashley said...

Amen! I was just thinking about how no one seems to care about Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving too, so I am baffled by everyone's insistence on hurrying Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love Christams too, but one month of Christams is plenty.