Monday, April 28, 2008

Sweetest Words In the World

Well, I have been working my booty off the past two weeks, trying an employment discrimination case against the Metro Water & Sewer Department. Up to the end of last week, I had been working 10-12 hours most days, on several of which I would come home after Cooper went to bed. As I was leaving to head out the door Thursday for one of the last days of trial, Cooper gave me just the kick start I needed to get me through the end of the trial marathon. The three of us usually ride into downtown together, but with me being in trial, I was having to drive separately. Jeremy was putting Cooper in the truck, and I wished both of them a good day as I opened my car door. As I had done so many days before, I said, "Cooper, Mommy loves you. You have a great day today." He looked at me with those big sweet blue eyes and, for the first time ever said, "Wub you Mama." Couldn't have asked for anything better at that moment. I "wub" you too little bud!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so sweet - I teared up reading it! Makes you keep focused on the most improtant things, doesn't it?

Jennifer said...

How sweet is that???? I can't wait! My heart just melts when I hear them say 'momma'!!!!!