Thursday, April 3, 2008

HUH ?!?!?

Have any of you heard about this nonsense Oprah's now spreading. It has hit the media waves as a result of her new book club selection, The New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. The way in which she attempts to justify the book's blatant incompatibly with the teachings of scripture highlights her arrogance. Form your own opinions, and I'm interested to know your thoughts. Here are a couple of clips from YouTube that will give the big picture of her new bandwagon. It is frightening to see her using her influence in this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB4J1JpG_PA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgKIkruHZko

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yes, I've heard about it and it is scary. In addition to the New Earth universalism, she has a program on XM Radio called "A Course in Miracles". It is truly disturbing. The two kind of go hand in hand; they both talk about finding salvation in yourself, blah, blah. I guess we can just pray that women who will be exposed to this will think critically and find how shallow and empty it really is.

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is so extremely disturbing! We often have people ask us why we dislike her so much, I just forwarded this video on to several people!